Ahhh. Christmas has finally arrived. For some of us, the holiday signals time with family, who travel from far and near to eat dinner and open presents with us. For college students, it signals the end of a busy semester, and the fact that you have finally completed their final exams. For many of us, the two weeks that include Christmas and New Year’s Day, also signal a welcome vacation, after weeks of preparing for the big holidays. Now, we can finally relax and have fun with family and friends.
Here are the top five ways to celebrate Christmas at your apartment community:
- Throw a party or holiday dinner for friends and family. In addition to dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, there are several other days between Christmas and New Year’s available for entertaining. Your apartment is already decorated, and you have the Christmas spirit. Why not invite a group of friends over for an informal gathering with games, a White Elephant gift exchange and hot chocolate? If you need more space for gatherings of family and friends, rent out your community’s clubhouse.
- Get out to see the Christmas lights. All around your community, people have hung lights and decorations on windows and balconies. You may have been too busy up until now to notice how great your community looks. Take an evening walk to enjoy the fresh air – and the beautiful lights. Or, visit one of the neighborhoods or parks that go all out for the holiday season with lights near your community.
- Take advantage of your community’s facilities. Although many of us forego exercise this time of year, it is actually one of the best ways to relieve stress. Visit your community’s gym, walking trail or exercise classes. If you just want to hang out with friends or read a book – and need a change of pace from your apartment – visit the community’s activity center, clubhouse or open spaces.
- Check out the local winter activities. Near your apartment, there are likely great places to go sledding, ice skating or simply throw snowballs. Check out all the local events happening throughout December, and then consider taking the public transportation near your apartment to save some money – and frustration with hurried drivers.
- Sleep. The hustle and bustle of preparing for Christmas, which includes shopping, cooking and cleaning – along with Secret Santa gifts, office parties and work deadlines – leaves many of us feeling simply exhausted. After the relatives have departed and all the gifts are open, a nap in your own home is the perfect way to “celebrate”.
Smart renters use ApartmentSearch.com to find the perfect apartment for holiday gatherings – and quiet time to relax. ApartmentSearch.com quickly builds a customized list of apartments that are best for you, based on rent, proximity to quality schools, walkability and a number of other amenities. Plus, ApartmentSearch is the only national apartment locating service in which you can earn up to $200 in rewards. That will definitely help with holiday gifts, party goods and decorations!