Spring is officially here and Americans couldn’t be happier. The blizzards and cold temperatures in the Northeast, Midwest, and even the South have made everyone stir crazy. We all can’t wait to get out and enjoy the outdoors. We have found that certain U.S. cities offer more for those who like to get out and hike, bike, attend festivals and simply enjoy the weather.
Here are some of the top U.S. cities to live in, to enjoy spring:
1. Washington, D.C.: Visitors from all over flock to the city in the spring for the infamous annual National Cherry Blossom Festival, from March 20 through April 2. Residents of D.C. , Alexandria, Va., and the surrounding area get to pick and choose which of the many exciting events they want to attend, including the Opening Ceremony with Japanese muisciains, the Southwst Waterfront Fireworks Celebration and the Blossom Kite Festival.
2. Macon, Ga.: This Southern city celebrates its own International Cherry Blossom Festival every year from March 19 through April 4. Just a few of the thrilling activities include a Hot Air Balloon Fest, parades, fireworks displays, nightly concerts and amusement rides.
3. Colorado Springs, Colo.: Not only is this city one of the best places to live if you have spring allergies and asthma, but it a mecca for those who love to hike and spend time outdoors. Residents can visit the famous Pikes Peak whenever they want, as well as the top-rated park in the U.S., Garden of the Gods.
4. San Diego, Calif.: While residents of this great city can explore the massive San Diego Zoo whenever they want, there are so many family-friendly events and festivals held here in March and April. They can also visit the annual Coronado Flower Show, one of the biggest on the West Coast, and of course spend time near the ocean at the San Diego Waterfront.
5. Orlando, Fla.: Apartment residents love getting out and exploring their city – and nearby beaches – because of the pleasant spring temperatures in the 70s and 80s versus 90s and high humidity in the summer. This is the perfect time to visit the city’s theme parks, including Legoland, Universal Orlando, Sea World’s Aquatica and Disney World.
6. Myrtle Beach, S.C.: The weather is perfect this time of year for the beach, and for the city’s many fun activities for families. The Family Kingdom Amusement Park is popular, as is Riley’s Aquarium, which features sharks and other marine life.
7. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tenn.: Anyone who lives in the cities surrounding this gorgeous park, such as Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, get to hike and drive the park featuring mountains, waterfalls and stunning views whenever they wish. Not to be missed is the Roaring Fork Motor Trail, Indian Mountain and Clingman’s Dome.
If you want to live in a city that offers more fun experiences and great scenery during the spring, ApartmentSearch is here to help. Simply visit www.apartmentsearch.com and then select your price range, neighborhood, desired amenities and other factors, and let the site create your own customized list. We will even give you up to $200 in rewards when you let your new apartment community know that you found them on ApartmentSearch.