As we wind down from Christmas and Hanukah celebrations with family and friends, we look forward to the next big, fun celebration: New Year’s Eve. What a great time to revel with family and friends over the accomplishments of the past year, while looking forward to starting 2015 off right.
In a few major U.S. cities, the New Year’s Eve celebrations top all others. Here are the top five places in the US for partying and ringing in the New Year in style:
- New York, N.Y.: While most Americans watch New York’s glorious New Year’s Eve celebrations on TV, those lucky enough to live in or near the city have easy access to the famous New Year’s Eve Ball dropping in Times Square and entertainment from top artists, such as Taylor Swift and Idina Menzel, during the “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” and other live telecasts. The electricity and excitement that you feel by being in and around Times Square – along with thousands of others – is unparalleled.
- New Orleans: A spectacular fireworks show that is ranked as the best in the U.S. and is set off from two barges in the Mississippi River is the backdrop for the entertaining annual New Year’s Eve party in this historic city. You also don’t want to miss the annual fleur-de-lis drop from the rooftop of Jax Brewery – what a fantastic sight! Meanwhile, Bourbon Street and the nearby Frenchmen Street offer some of the best bars and music clubs in the country, along with the ability for you to take your drink with you as you revel with others on the street.
- Las Vegas, Nev.: This glorious city is the site of the nation’s biggest block party on New Year’s Eve, since the Las Vegas Strip is shut down to traffic. At midnight, the casinos launch a fireworks display that rivals the Times Square ball drop and fireworks. This is also THE place to see top musical acts including Britney Spears, Olivia Newton John and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
- Miami, Fla.: This is one of the hottest cities in which to celebrate New Year’s Eve – literally. The balmy temperatures are some of the warmest in the nation. Every year at Bayfront, “The Big Orange” ascends to the top of the InterContinental Miami hotel, amidst a dance party with Funky Frank, electrifying fireworks and other live music. In addition, Miami’s top restaurants sport special prix fixe menus and champagne. What a fun city to be in, to toast in the new year!
- San Antonio, Texas: The city’s gorgeous Riverwalk is the spot to enjoy free music throughout the evening on New Year’s Eve, as well as a magnificent fireworks show. Plus, it is an affordable place to get amazing food and delicious cocktails to help you celebrate the big night.
If you live in one of these fabulous cities, you already know what great locales they are for celebrating New Year’s Eve. If you want to be closer to the fun, or are looking for a new start for 2015, visit ApartmentSearch.com. We will help you find the perfect apartment near all the activities you enjoy. Plus, when you tell your new apartment community that you found them on ApartmentSearch.com, you can earn up to $200 in rewards. Happy New Year!