If you’re on the prowl for Phoenix apartments, good idea! Phoenix lies in what is known as the “Valley of the Sun” because it gets more sunshine than any other U.S. metropolitan region. As winter temperatures dip and snow flies elsewhere, Phoenix settles into a warm, dry season with nighttime temps that rarely drop below 40 degrees F.
But when it comes to Phoenix apartments, weather may be the only thing they have in common. Arizona’s capital is the sixth largest city in the U.S., with a population of almost 1.5 million. Given the huge size and diversity of this metropolis, you could find yourself overwhelmed by the array of Phoenix apartments you have to choose from.
Of course, knowing the layout of the city will help you locate Phoenix apartments that are to your liking. But knowing your own style is also key. To find a place that will be ideal for you, factors you may want to consider include:
- Your favorite activities. To trim your travel time, look for Phoenix apartments near what you like to do on a regular basis. Love to ski in Flagstaff? Check out Phoenix apartments in the North Valley. Dig an urban vibe and access to cultural events? Try downtown Phoenix. Is golf your god? You’re in luck because lots of Phoenix apartments will put you in range of excellent golf courses.
- Access to public transportation. If you care about your carbon footprint, consider Phoenix apartments near the city’s new METRO light rail. It runs from central Phoenix through downtown east to Mesa and Tempe. From Phoenix apartments in those areas, you can hop the light rail to catch the Diamondbacks at Chase Field, view the latest exhibit at the Heard Museum, or cheer Arizona State at Sun Devil Stadium.
- Where you work. Unless you enjoy a long commute, stick to Phoenix apartments with easy access to your workplace. When you find an apartment you’re seriously considering, drive from there to work in the morning and back during evening commute hours. And remember the sun shines most of the day year-round. You may want to factor in whether you will be driving into or away from the sun.
Ready to find an apartment? We can help. We have listings for Phoenix apartments in all of the city’s “urban villages” and in surrounding towns, too. And if you rent through us, you could get up to $200 back in Renters Rewards!
Phoenix apartments are high in demand due to job growth paired with a good quality of life at a reasonable price. There are many housing options for every lifestyle and every age cohort in Phoenix, Arizona. We know that it can be very overwhelming to find an apartment in such a large city. Here are some tips that will help you as you embark on your tour of the apartments in Phoenix. Since it is a large city that is primarily dominated by car use, these tips can help you design your decision based on daily commutes and community safety.
1. Visit the property at night – Your desired apartment area may seem quaint and peaceful during the day, but the surroundings at night could potentially be a deal breaker. Make sure the parking area and streets are well lit. Listen for any noise from a restaurant or club, and check to see if parking is ample. If you are looking at Phoenix apartments around Arizona State University, this procedure is especially important. You do not want to end up an earshot away from a fraternity or party house if you can help it.
2. Consult the local transit authority – Narrowing your search to Phoenix apartments near public transit lines can save you on those days when your car is in the shop or when you need additional options due to scheduling conflicts. Familiarize yourself with potential routes to work or school. You can use Google Maps to find options and routes for different addressees, or take in the routes from a bird’s eye view.
3. Familiarize yourself with peak traffic areas and times around Phoenix apartments – Car congestion peaks from 3-7 in the evenings in Phoenix. Going southbound on the 101 from Scottsdale to Tempe and eastbound on the 60 in Tempe can often be slow-going routes. View traffic flows to and from your desired community using Phoenix traffic cameras.
4. Make a mock errand run – Think about the top places that you need to regularly travel to from your apartment. This list will include the work or school, the grocery store and the bank. Research local options and visit some of these Phoenix apartments via your preferred transportation system. You may want to even try to complete errands around peak traffic times to get a feel for the congestion issues around Phoenix apartments in your desired area.
Our apartment search tools can help you find an apartment in a large city with all of the amenities that you need. Large cities in our search area include Phoenix Apartments, Austin apartments, Dallas apartments, and Seattle apartments. You can even earn $200 in renters rewards when you find an apartment with our service!