After the record cold, snowy winter, Americans are emerging from their apartments. After months of being stuck indoors, they are reveling in springtime’s pleasant temperatures and escaping the confines of their homes. Walks, hikes, bike rides, and all types of sporting activities are being enjoyed by most of us.
And there is no better place to enjoy the great outdoors than at one of the numerous national parks located near some of America’s greatest cities. To honor National Park Week, April 19-27, we are highlighting the glorious national parks that offer some of the best scenic views for apartment residents in these cities:
- Las Vegas, Nev. Apartment residents of this city who love the outdoors have the good fortune of living close to some of the nation’s greatest national parks. They can see the Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, as well as Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon in Utah. In their home state, residents can choose from Death Valley National Park, Red Rock Canyon, and a host of other parks for breathtaking views, hiking, mountain climbing, and other outdoor activities.
- Denver, Colo. Near Rocky Mountain National Park, Denver sports some of the most breathtaking mountain views and is close to hundreds of hiking trails, including those that feature spectacular waterfalls.
- Washington, D.C. Many people don’t realize that the National Mall, the gorgeous two-mile stretch of Cherry Blossom trees and grass, is a national park. It is one of our nation’s greatest treasures, and D.C. apartment residents only have a short walk or metro ride to this historic site to enjoy a run or a relaxing picnic near our nation’s greatest monuments and museums.
- Knoxville, Tenn. Just 40 miles southeast of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, apartment dwellers in Knoxville not only have a short drive to view the gorgeous spring and fall scenic views that are known throughout the world, but also are very close to the 469-mile breathtaking Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Sacramento, Calif., and Portland, Ore. Apartment residents here are less than a day’s drive to the largest living things on the planet. Redwood National and State Parks is home to the tallest trees on earth as well as 40 miles of pristine coastline.
If you love the outdoors and feel the need to just step out your apartment and breathe the fresh air, ApartmentSearch.com can help you find the apartment that is perfect for you and your outdoor lifestyle. Don’t forget when you mention ApartmentSearch.com sent you, you can earn up to $200 in rewards. That will buy you a lot of trail mix for your next hike in one of our nation’s glorious national parks!