America is home to some of the best food in the world. Our country’s cuisines have so many influences from around the globe – and some that are truly our own creation – that we can enjoy the best French food, Asian food, Indian food, hamburgers, barbecue and other national dishes whenever we want. It is especially convenient for apartment residents to take a short car ride or walk to the best restaurants, ice cream shops and bakeries that their city has to offer.
While there is great food all over the U.S., we found the top 10 cities for these delicious foods and beverages:
1. Best Coffee: Seattle, Wash. While Seattle is well-known as the birthplace of Starbucks, it also has several smaller coffee shops, such as Zietgest and London Plane, which offer delicious beverages and desserts.
2. Best Ice Cream: St. Louis, Mo. This Midwestern city sports some of the best ice cream and frozen custard shops in the country, including Jilly’s Ice Cream Bar and Ted Drewes Frozen Custard.
3. Best Seafood: Portland, Maine. Not only is Portland home to the best lobster shacks in the country, but it also sports several top seafood restaurants including Fishermen’s Grill and Eventide & Co.
4. Best Cajun/ Creole: New Orleans, La. This is the birthplace of Cajun/ Creole cuisine in the U.S. and THE city to live in if you love this type of food – and lots of fresh seafood. The only challenge is choosing which restaurant to eat at. Commander’s Palace, Brennan’s and Acme Oyster House top our list.
5. Best Hot Dogs: Chicago, Ill., of course. We recommend trying Franks & Dawgs and Rapidito in the Lincoln Park area and Hoppin’ Hots in Andersonville.
6. Best Pizza: New York, N.Y. While Chicagoans will argue that they have the best pizza, we love New York-style pizza. Among the top spots to visit include Roberta’s, Best Pizza and Paulie Gee’s.
7. Best Burgers: Memphis, Tenn. While you might think of barbecue when you think of Memphis, this city’s residents know that some of the best burger joints – including Hog & Hominy and Huey’s – are
8. Beast Sandwiches: Philadelphia, Pa. Home to the Philly cheesesteak, this city sports some of the best sandwich shops in the country, including Tommy DiNic’s and Stogie Joe’s.
9. Best Barbecue: Austin, Texas. While other Texas cities, including Dallas, boast some of the best barbecue restaurants in the country, Austin is home to several authentic, popular BBQ restaurants, including Franklin and la Barbecue.
10. Best City for Foodies: San Francisco, Calif. In addition to being so near the nation’s most well-known wineries, apartment residents here can dine at the nation’s top upscale restaurants – including Benu and Saison. Last year, Michelin awarded stars to a record 40 restaurants in the city.
If you live in one of these great U.S. cities, you can enjoy these tasty meals and desserts every day of the year. However, if you would like to move closer to these food paradises, let ApartmentSearch.com help you find the perfect apartment near your favorite bake shops, restaurants, grocery stores, and things to do. We help you narrow down the best apartment by location, price range, amenities and many other factors. You can even find each apartment community’s WalkScore, so you know if you will be able to walk to some of your favorite foodie spots. Plus, when you tell your new apartment community that you found your apartment on ApartmentSearch.com, you can earn up to $200 in rewards, which can help make that next meal so much tastier.