The top 10 list of U.S. cities to celebrate Independence Day this year is out! WalletHub determined its ranking based on how well these cities balance the expenses residents pay to celebrate the holiday, versus how much fun they can have in each city. Apartment residents in these esteemed cities already know that they are great places to not only have fun, but also to live and work.
- Minneapolis, Minn. This fun northern city ranked number one because of the variety of attractions and activities it offers residents for the Fourth of July, and because of its favorable weather for the holiday. Best fireworks-viewing spots for residents? At Gold Medal Park downtown and Stone Arch Bridge.
- Seattle, Wash. Not only does Seattle sport some of the best fireworks displays in the country, but it has numerous events for residents during the holiday weekend. One of the best spots to view the fireworks over Lake Union is from Gas Works Park. Also, don’t miss the free Cal Anderson Park Independence Day Picnic with games and music.
- St. Paul, Minn. This city has the best weather forecast for the Fourth of July, according to WalletHub, along with an outstanding fireworks display at the State Capitol Mall and outdoor concerts marking the 40th anniversary of “A Prairie Home Companion”.
- Portland, Ore. The huge annual Waterfront Blues Festival downtown is also one of the best spots to view the city’s fireworks. Among the variety of other fun events held throughout the weekend is the Portland Craft Beer Festival and the St. Paul 4th of July Rodeo.
- San Francisco, Calif. This city’s massive fireworks display over San Francisco Bay is not to be missed. One set of fireworks is launched from Municipal Pier, while the other display is in front of Pier 39. Pier 39 also provides fun activities for families, including free concerts, Shark Week displays and a Shark Week photo booth.
- Irvine, Calif. One of the best and most inexpensive celebrations in Irvine is the July 4th Concert on the Green and Fireworks at Irvine High School Stadium. Along with a beautiful fireworks display, there is music, food and activities for kids.
- San Diego, Calif. Arguably the largest Independence Day fireworks display in the country, the Annual Big Bay Boom July 4 Fireworks Show can be seen from four barges around San Diego Bay.
- Madison, Wis. At the Fireworks Extravaganza in Downtown Dells, more than 1,300 fireworks will be launched. The best part of this spectacular display? It can be seen from nearly anywhere in the city.
- Atlanta, Ga. Centennial Olympic Park and Turner Field hold a spectacular fireworks display. If you are looking for a smaller event, check out East Point’s Salute to the Red White & Blue Hometown Celebration with a carnival and fireworks.
- St. Petersburg, Fla. Parents love taking their kids to Safety Harbor’s 4th of July Celebration, which features live entertainment, children’s activities and food vendors throughout the day. The stunning fireworks display starts at 9 p.m.
If you are looking for an apartment in one of these thrilling cities – or any other U.S. city – visit ApartmentSearch.com. We help you quickly narrow down your choices by neighborhood, walkability, price range and desired amenities. You can even earn up to $200 in rewards for you or to be donated to charity when you let your new apartment community know that you found them on www.apartmentsearch.com.