Happy Halloween. Most Americans love everything about Halloween – not just dressing up and trick-or-treating the day of—but also visiting haunted houses and attending parties and other Halloween events during the entire month of October. Lucky for them, apartment residents in certain cities have much more to enjoy about this spooky holiday than others.
Here are our top picks for Best Cities for Halloween:
- Salem, Mass.: No place in the country – or the world, for that matter – celebrates Halloween like this Northeast U.S. city. Known as the site of the Salem witch trials in the late 1600s, Salem celebrates its creepy history with events throughout October. Events include the Haunted Footsteps Ghost Tour, the 1692 Salem Witchcraft Walk, Haunted Harbor Cruise, and a Haunted Movie Series at the Salem Common Historic District. Plus, authentic séances are held, along with the annual Psychic Fair and Witchcraft Expo.
- New Orleans, La.: Already a spooky place to live because of its haunted homes, historic graveyards and voodoo history, New Orleans really comes alive at Halloween. Apartment residents who live in this Southern city are fortunate to be scared silly at the House of Shock, which was voted the number one haunted attraction in the U.S. The House of Shock is set up as a country fair devoted to gore, with a live pyrotechnic stage show, a walk through the haunted house, a zombie graveyard and Satanic Church.
- San Francisco, Calif.: This illustrious city by the Bay has been deemed the “best city in the U.S. for trick-or-treating”, according to Zillow’s annual ranking. San Francisco earns this distinction, because it “will provide the most candy, in the least amount of time, with the fewest safety risks,” according to Zillow. Parents who live in San Francisco are fortunate to have a great place to take their kids out on Halloween night.
- Hershey, Penn.: Speaking of trick-or-treating, Hershey is one of the sweetest places to live for fresh, local chocolate and other Halloween treats. It is the home, of course of The Hershey Co. and nearby is the chocolate division of Mars and Just Born, the manufacturer of Peeps. Plus, Pennsylvania provides more pumpkins than other state – millions are harvested from 6,500 acres.
- Pontiac, Mich.: This Midwestern city is home to the Erebus Haunted Attraction, a four-story, plot-driven haunted house that previously held the Guinness World Record for largest haunted house. Residents of Pontiac and nearby cities say it is the scariest haunted house they have ever visited.
If you love to celebrate Halloween – with all of its terrors, tricks, and treats – you need to live near a city that embraces the spirit of everything that is great about this holiday. You can find a great apartment that is near your Halloween houses, events and festivals, as well as near safe neighborhoods for trick-or-treating. Let ApartmentSearch.com help you find your next home. We quickly narrow down your search for the perfect place to live by amenities, price, location, and other factors. Plus, when you tell your new apartment community that you found your apartment on ApartmentSearch.com, you can earn up to $200 in rewards. Finding you next apartment is not scary! You just need to use ApartmentSearch.