February 17 is the pinnacle of the most festive time of the year for New Orleans residents: the famous Mardi Gras complete with its parades, community gatherings, and an overall sense of celebration. While many Americans love to celebrate Mardi Gras in their own way, there is nothing like living in the city and having a front-row seat to the greatest party in the U.S.
Here are the top five reasons why New Orleans’ residents love living in their city – during Mardi Gras and throughout the year:
- During Mardi Gras, they get to walk or ride with their friends to watch the numerous parades – or even watch from their apartment balconies. Imagine being in the heart of the action at the largest parade, the Krewe of Endymion parade, as the massive floats wind their way throughout the city and ends at the Superdome. It is not just about watching the parade of course. It is about the best tailgating – including crawfish boils and po’ boys – and socializing with family and friends that one can enjoy.
- They get to visit historic sites and landmarks such as Jackson Square, the historic center of New Orleans; St. Louis Cathedral; the French Quarter and Metairie Cemetery, whenever they wish. They also get to walk the scenic areas of the city such as the French Quarter and The Garden District, which features numerous historic homes and gorgeous oak trees.
- They get to eat the best Cajun and Creole food in the world, since the city is the birthplace of the cuisine, and eat at some of the highest rated restaurants in the world. Emeril Lagasse, John Besh, and many other renowned chefs operate restaurants in the city, and New Orleans boasts other top-rated U.S. restaurants such as Commander’s Palace and Brennan’s.
- They get to listen to live music – especially Blues and Jazz – whenever they want. In the city that is the Birthplace of Jazz, apartment residents can walk, ride or drive to one of the many clubs on Frenchmen Street or throughout New Orleans. Plus every spring they get to enjoy the amazing New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. It is music to every apartment resident in the Big Easy.
- The low tax rate and relatively low cost of living compared to many other U.S. cities makes New Orleans one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. More businesses are relocating to the area, and 8,000 jobs have been added over the last four years.
If you want to re-locate to New Orleans or are looking for a new apartment in this one-of-a-kind Southern city, ApartmentSearch is here to help. Simply visit www.apartmentsearch.com and then select your price range, neighborhood, desired amenities and other factors, and let the site create your own customized list. We will even give you up to $200 in rewards when you let your new apartment community know that you found them on ApartmentSearch. That is reason enough to laissez les bon temps rouler!