When you live in an apartment, you can choose to live anywhere you want. While more millennials and other generations are choosing to live downtown in urban cities, many Americans are choosing to live the coastal life. As a result, they are enjoying the best of what summer has to offer: sun, sand, cool water, and relaxation.
Here are some of the top coastal cities where you can enjoy the beach life right outside your apartment:
- San Diego, California. First of all, the weather here is perfect year-round: the city boasts an average daily temperature of 70 degrees F. Nearby Mission Beach and Coronado Beach not only offer gorgeous white sand beaches but they also include Belmont Park, which features amusement park rides for kids and adults. Plus, locals can find an apartment near the world-renowned San Diego Zoo.
- Seattle, Washington. Those who choose an apartment in this gorgeous city get to visit all of the Puget Sound beaches whenever they want, particularly Alki Beach, with its 2.5-mile pedestrian walkway and soft sand. Seattleites can also stay cool on the water – and spot whales! –when they ride the ferry to Bainbridge Island or Orca Island.
- San Francisco, California. Locals get to enjoy sweeping views of the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge whenever they want. They often enjoy gorgeous views of the water from one of the city’s numerous famous restaurants. This is a foodie city, to be sure, and apartment dwellers find some of the best natural ingredients for their summer dishes at the Ferry Island Farmer’s Market as well as Pike Place Market.
- Boston, Massachusetts. In addition to enjoying time near the water in the summer, Bostonites are out enjoying the city’s delightful restaurants in The South End neighborhood and other areas of the city. Many love to walk or run on the three-mile path along the Charles River. Above all else, though, Boston residents are known for going above and beyond to support their home teams, including the Boston Red Sox and the New England Patriots. By saving money and renting an apartment, you can be sure the money can be spent going to game.
- Miami, Florida. Ah, the mecca of the South is Miami South Beach, a beautiful, palm-tree lined stretch of white sand. This city also boasts an unsurpassed nightlife with various clubs, restaurants and historic hotels. Those who rent an apartment here are just minutes away from the glitz and glamour.
- Savannah, Georgia. Arguably the most historic Southern city, apartment residents who live in Savannah like to walk the city’s River Street Marketplace and downtown Historic District. Plus, they get to cool off when taking one of the city’s riverboat cruises or dolphin-watching tours.
- New Orleans, Louisiana. This city is a fisherman or woman’s dream. They can take to the ocean or Lake Ponchartrain to catch delicious redfish, tuna, catfish, shrimp, crawfish and other species. Speaking of seafood, many of the city’s world-renowned restaurants feature the best seafood dishes that can be found, including authentic Seafood Gumbo and Etoufee. While New Orleans is famous for its party-crazy Bourbon Street, locals know that the city is alive with Creole traditions, jazz music and cultures from around the world – making it the best Gulf city in which to live. Get an apartment here and ‘Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!’
- Tampa, Florida. This city’s apartment residents are mere minutes away from the best beaches on the West Coast of Florida: St. Petersburg and Clearwater beaches. They can enjoy the soft white sand and boating excursions that these wonderful beaches offer. Tampa residents also get to enjoy a thriving city life, nighttime entertainment at nearby Ybor City, and sports teams such as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Corpus Christi, Texas. Just 15 minutes from downtown, Corpus Christi apartment dwellers love to head out to the Padre Island National Seashore, a 70-mile stretch of white sand beach perfect for beachcombers, birdwatchers and, really, anyone who loves the beach. Also popular is Malaquite Beach, Laguna Madre, and visits to the historic USS Lexington. Like New Orleans, apartment residents get to catch – and eat – some of the best seafood in the world.
If you don’t live in one of these great cities and want to enjoy more time near the water, visit ApartmentSearch.com. We will help you find the perfect apartment near all the activities you enjoy. Not only will you have a fabulous new place to live for rest of the summer, but you will also be able to better enjoy your city all year long. And don’t forget that you get $200 in rewards when you let your apartment community know that ApartmentSearch.com sent you. That buys a lot of suntan lotion.