Freedom to live. Freedom of choice. The best country to live in. The Fourth of July conjures up all these notions for Americans. This holiday also reminds us that we have the freedom to choose where we want to live and — when we choose to live the apartment lifestyle — we truly choose independence. Get ready to fly the stars and stripes and see eight ways that apartment living offers independence:
- Freedom from a mortgage. When you live in an apartment, you are not tied to where you live for years. You can move to a new apartment, area of town, or state, whenever you want. Want a short-term lease? Month-to-month lease? You got it. Want to try to snag cheaper rent by signing a longer lease? You can do that too.
- Independence to spend time doing the things you love to do. Many apartments are within walking distance or a short car ride to the grocery store, your favorite restaurant, or movie theater. Since you’re not spending time on home and yard maintenance, you have more hours in the day to do the things you enjoy.
- Sweat-free. Speaking of yard work…here’s one of the greatest joys of apartment living: you are not responsible for roof repairs, mowing the lawn, trimming the bushes, and a myriad of other maintenance items that come with home ownership. Sweat in the community gym, or don’t sweat at all. It’s up to you!
- Freedom from the cost of home repairs. When your apartment air conditioning goes out on a scorching July day, you simply call maintenance and it is fixed. The process is easy and there’s no extra expense to you. Homeowners pay thousands of dollars for these repairs.
- Freedom from your horrible commute. Compared to your co-workers living at homes in the suburbs and commuting to work, you often have a wonderful setup in an apartment. You can simply hop on the bus, take a short drive or Uber/ Lyft, or — in many cases — walk or ride your bike to work. Forget long highway commutes!
- You no longer have to pay for a gym membership. Your apartment community most likely has a gym you can use whenever you want – for free! Plus, many communities have free exercise classes, such as yoga and kickboxing. Some have tennis courts, walking trails, and other ways you can get exercise and enjoy the outdoors.
- Financial independence. When you rent an apartment, you don’t have a hefty mortgage or high utility bills, not to mention all the maintenance and repair expenses. Apartment living truly offers you more money to do the things you love to do. Maybe even more importantly, it offers you more time to hang out with the ones you love.
- More friends. Speaking of spending time with the ones you love, apartment communities offer a place to meet new friends and sometimes even partners for life. These are friends and families that you may even be spending this Fourth of July with — having a cookout or relaxing in your community’s pool.
If you want more independence to do the things you love to do, start your search for a new apartment at ApartmentSearch.com. There, you can quickly find the apartment you want based on rental rate, walkability scores, neighborhood, and the other factors that are important to you. Enjoy your freedom and independence at your apartment community, especially if you live in one of the best U.S. cities for Fourth of July festivities!