Everywhere you look, there are oversized teddy bears, boxes of chocolates, and hearts galore — yes, it’s almost Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re feeling the love toward your roommate or you’re just trying to get by until your lease is up, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to do something sweet and rack up brownie points with the person sharing your space. Who knows, they just might prove to be the best roommate you’ll ever have. Check out a few ways to spoil your beloved roomie this February 14th! Read the rest of this entry »
‘valentine’s day’ Tag
You may think Paris is the city of love, but we think it’s Loveland, CO! Ready to see why? The city’s name is no joke—you really will love every second you spend in Loveland. Nestled into the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and just a 30-minute drive south of Fort Collins, Loveland is the loveliest city for a weekend getaway for fun, romance, or adventure! Check out the top 10 things we love about Loveland. We think you’ll fall head over heels for… Read the rest of this entry »
Have you found yourself still single as Valentine’s Day is approaching? Have no fear! Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be about surviving single or moping around. Let’s shoot some of Cupid’s arrows right into the heart of that myth and start your own Valentine’s traditions this year. Here are four ideas to help you feel inspired.
Celebrate Being Single
While the rest of the world seems to be pairing off, it’s good to remember that you should embrace all the reasons being single is awesome. Use Valentine’s Day as a mini-holiday for yourself and splurge on that pair of shoes or new gadget you’ve had your eye on. Or you could revel in the alone time of your 1-bedroom apartment and sleep in as late as you want! Read the rest of this entry »
Valentine’s Day is here and lovers across the country are planning their celebrations. We all know of the romantic reputation of cities such as Las Vegas, New Orleans, and New York. But some cities can surprise you on how romantic they can be. For apartment dwellers and the other locals of these cities, the secret of the romance is not a surprise. For everyone else, here is the countdown of the 10 most unexpectedly romantic cities for apartment residents.
10. Cincinnati, Ohio: The ice rink at Fountain Square is a beautiful locale for lovers to spend the day, and amazing views of the city can be had together at the Carew Tower’s Observation Deck. For warmer, indoor options, try some of the city’s many romantic restaurants including Embers, Chez Nora, and Barresi’s Italian.
9. La Jolla, Calif.: For nature and recreation lovers, this city has it all. At its beaches, sweethearts can snorkel with seals and sea lions, surf together, or take long walks along the sandstone cliffs. The city is also known for its world-class golfing.
8. Minneapolis, Minn.: The Stone Arch Bridge, with its orange glow lighting the Mississippi River, is a great place to stroll with your loved one. Other great Valentine’s date options: the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden or the Guthrie Theater, which sports many popular plays.
7. Detroit, Mich.: While many think of this sprawling metropolis as an industrial, auto-producing city, it also has many romantic options. Have you heard about the Detroit Princess Riverboat? During the winter, cruisers stay warm inside with romantic dinners and entertainment while enjoying the beautiful view outside.
6. Charlotte, N.C.: Living amongst the city’s historic architecture and beautiful scenery makes the perfect backdrop for local getaways with your love. Set in a 1913 historic house, the Fig Tree Restaurant is just one of many romantic eateries that you don’t want to miss.
5. Jacksonville, Fla.: Where else in the U.S. can residents enjoy soft, sandy beaches with weather in the 70s and 80s in the winter? At Jacksonville’s beaches, The Salt Life Restaurant makes a wonderful night out with your Valentine. Visitors can also take a romantic walk along the Jacksonville Riverwalk, or take a ferry to the opera or a play.
4. Albuquerque, N.M.: After you hike the gorgeous Sandia Mountain with your sweetheart, you can catch a ride to the top and dine at High Finance, which is more than 10,000 feet above sea level. Don’t forget to enjoy a dip in the hot springs at the Ojo Calliente Mineral Springs & Spa.3. Pittsburgh, Penn.: 440 bridges make a beautiful backdrop for city dwellers in love. For a spectacular view from above, take the Duquesne Incline to the top of Mount Washington.
2. Providence, R.I.: Did you know that Providence has gondolas that run on the city’s three rivers, as well as top Italian restaurants in the Federal Hills’ area? There is nothing more romantic than feeling like you are in Venice with your love.
1. Memphis, Tenn: While Memphis, Tenn., may be acclaimed as the birthplace of Rock n’ Roll and the home of Graceland, it is also a surprisingly romantic place to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Sweethearts can take a dinner cruise and dance on the Memphis Riverboat’s paddle-wheelers at night, and enjoy horse-drawn carriage rides throughout the historic streets and sites of downtown Memphis during the day. Locals love to take advantage of Valentine’s weekend with a stay at the Heartbreak Hotel, which has a unique heart-shaped pool.