When the days are short, the snow is falling, and the apartment gym is just a little too far away, it can be hard to motivate yourself to work out. However, as a wise post on Pinterest proclaims, “Excuses don’t get results!” Luckily, there are plenty of workouts you can do from the comfort of your own (warm and convenient) apartment. Get your sweat on with these easy workouts you can do in your living room, bedroom, and even shower.
Note: It’s important to get your blood flowing and warm up before you dive into any of these workouts. Do 20 jumping jacks, 15 squats, 10 pushups, 10 lunges (on each side), and 15 hip raises.
FULL BODY TORCHER
With this quick workout, you’ll hit your arms, legs, and core – plus you’ll get your heart rate up and burn some serious calories!
- Set your timer for 15 to 20 minutes. You can increase the time as you build up endurance and stamina.
- Do these exercises in a row, without taking any break in between.
- Repeat as many times as you can until your timer goes off!
ARMS OF STEEL
Contrary to what many believe, you don’t need dumbbells for a killer arm workout. Here are seven moves to try out in your living room, no equipment required.
- Do the following exercises in a row, taking minimal breaks in between.
- Once you’ve done them all, start over! Complete the full set three times.
CARDIO CRUNCH TIME
There are plenty of ways to get your cardio in without a treadmill or elliptical.
- Do each of the following five exercises.
- Take a water break or catch your breath, and then start over! Run through the full set of exercises three times.
You have no excuse for skipping leg day… even if you’re snowed in! Use this workout to feel the burn.
- Perform each of the following exercises.
- 20 Squats
- 20 Reverse Lunge + Knee Lift (10 on each side)
- 20 Plie Squat + Calf Raise (alternate, 10 on each side)
- 20 Jump Squats
- 20 High Knee Toe Taps (alternate, 10 on each side)
- 20 Side Lunges (alternate, 10 on each side)
- 20 Single Leg Calf Raises (alternate, 10 on each side)
- 20 Curtsy Lunges (alternate, 10 on each side)
- 20 Side Leg Raises (alternate, 10 on each side)
- 20 Single-Leg Glute Bridges (alternate, 10 on each side)
- Are your legs burning? If not, repeat!
- You’ll need a timer for this workout. You’ll do each of the following exercises for 30 seconds before moving on!
- Rest for 30 seconds, and then repeat two more time. Make sure to catch your breath and grab a drink of water between each round.
We get it! Some days, you just don’t have it in you to make it to the gym. When you are ready to venture outside of your apartment, it’s helpful to have a gym nearby… preferably in your apartment building! When it comes to apartments for rent, you have an almost limitless number of options. If you’re not 100% satisfied with your current apartment amenities, find a new apartment to call home on ApartmentSearch.