The competition for your apartment rental dollars is HOT! To get renters’ business, property management companies try to “wow” prospective tenants. Many rental properties try doing this by designing apartment complexes with the top amenities in the industry! Read the rest of this entry »
‘apartment gym’ Tag
Don’t let a lack of a squat rack get between you and your #gains. Like hotel gyms, many apartment fitness centers only offer a few necessities like treadmills and dumbbells, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a great workout! Warm-up to these apartment gym workout ideas to get the endorphins running without having to pay for a fitness membership! Read the rest of this entry »
When the days are short, the snow is falling, and the apartment gym is just a little too far away, it can be hard to motivate yourself to work out. However, as a wise post on Pinterest proclaims, “Excuses don’t get results!” Luckily, there are plenty of workouts you can do from the comfort of your own (warm and convenient) apartment. Get your sweat on with these easy workouts you can do in your living room, bedroom, and even shower. Read the rest of this entry »
Summer’s been swingin’ and so has swimsuit season. You know what they say: suns out, guns out. Skies out, thighs out. Heat’s off…A/C is ON. Definitely ON. While summer is a great time to keep up with your workouts, the heat can be a definite turn off when you want to get outside and be active. Luckily, we’ve found some awesome indoor alternatives to turning yourself into “hot stuff” without melting in the great outdoors. Check out these easy indoor workouts for keeping up with that summer beach bod year round! Read the rest of this entry »
Trying to stay fit while living in an apartment with no gym can be frustrating. While many apartments come equipped with gym facilities, those that are without them pose a real problem to the health-conscious. You want to exercise regularly, but paying to go to a gym that requires a membership can get pricey, fast. So what’s a healthy apartment-dweller to do? There are actually plenty of measures you can take to stay fit and healthy without ever setting foot in a gym!
Here are five easy ways to exercise in apartments without a gym.
Take a Walk
Stroll around the apartment’s complex, walk to a nearby pharmacy, take the dog for a jog—time spent moving outside is great exercise. Just be sure to wear sunscreen during the summer!
Take advantage of your apartment’s pool to get some exercise! Water workouts are easy on your joints, and keep you cool while you burn calories. You can swim laps, engage in some water aerobic exercises, or just play a spirited game of “Marco Polo” with friends, family, or your neighbors.
Cardio It Up
Lose the elliptical and the treadmill and take care of your cardio needs right in your apartment’s living room. Do jumping jacks, run in place, or fake jump rope to get your heart rate up in no time. If you’re not on a ground floor and are concerned about disturbing your downstairs neighbors, take your cardio outside, by running up and down your apartment’s stairwell or jogging around the block.
Practicing yoga requires a 71” x 24” space… and that’s all! (That’s about the size of the average yoga mat.) That’s why yoga is ideal for a small-apartment renter in particular. Yoga increases flexibility and strength, and is also great for peace of mind.
Use Bodyweight or Free Weights
You don’t need a full home gym to get a well-rounded workout in your apartment’s living room. Do squats, lunges, wall sits, push-ups, crunches, planks… there are dozens of ways to fill your strength training quota using bodyweight. If you have free weights, utilize those, as well. In fact, you can turn on the TV and do reps while you watch! It’s just one of the benefits of working out at home.
More from ApartmentSearch.com
An apartment gym can be a seriously sweet amenity. Apartments that include access to a community gym may be at the top of the list for many renters, and for good reason — they’re convenient and they can help you save money on a pricey monthly membership to a regular gym. Though typically small and basic, apartment gym facilities are a big plus for residents who dig pumping iron, riding a stationary bike or jogging on a treadmill.
Apartment Gym Etiquette
There are several unspoken rules you should keep in mind if you use an apartment gym:
- Make sure you clean up after yourself. Bring a towel to wipe up sweat from machines and benches, and if sanitizer and paper towels are provided, clean the gym equipment before and after you use it out of courtesy to the next person who will use it. You might also want to consider bringing a second, smaller towel for wiping sweat off your forehead.
- Don’t talk on your cell phone. Apartment gyms are small, and neighbors working out near you might be annoyed if they have to listen to your conversation. You can always step outside if you absolutely must take a call.
- If there are other people around, be careful that you don’t stay on a gym machine for too long — someone might be waiting for you to finish. Sometimes there will be a sign-up sheet or the management will post notifications regarding gym machine time limits, but if there isn’t anything posted, just use your best judgment.
- If you work out with free weights, put them back when you’re headed to another station or your apartment. Gym weights left on the floor can wind up hurting one of your neighbors.
- On a similar note, if you use a bar with weights on it, be sure and re-rack the weights. The gym patron who uses it after you may not be able to lift the amount you were lifting.
Find an Apartment with a Gym
Is all this talk about apartment gyms making you want to live somewhere that has one? We can’t blame you. Find an apartment that offers an apartment gym at ApartmentSearch.com, or search for an apartment for rent by state or city.