The spookiest day of the year is almost upon us! Though horror movies evoke fear of ghosts and apparitions, there are plenty of not-so-supernatural dangers to be scared of on Halloween. This fall, practice these 10 Halloween safety tips to keep yourself, your apartment, and your pets completely safe and completely un-scared. Read the rest of this entry »
It’s spooky season! That means telling fireside ghost stories, carving pumpkins, and binge-watching all your favorite horror movies. But it also means werewolves, witches, monsters, and ghouls are afoot!
Is there a ghost in your apartment giving you trouble? Find out if your favorite haunt is, well, haunted. Watch for these seven spine-tingling signs of a haunting. Read the rest of this entry »
Who says summer is the only time for travel adventures? For a Halloween you’ll never forget, plan a ghostly getaway to one of America’s most haunted cities! These places can send shivers down your spine with their terrifying happenings and histories. You may never want to return… or will you? Read the rest of this entry »
Halloween is almost here, and that means lots of spook-tacular celebrations are too! Do you live in a studio apartment? No worries! You don’t have to rent Frankenstein’s castle to throw a truly ghoulish gathering. Use these fun ideas for decorations, food, and games that are totally doable…or, shall we say, BOO-able—even if you’ve got a small space to work with. Now let’s get down to some scary business! Read the rest of this entry »
Prepare the pumpkins, fire up the cauldron and get your eye of gnoot ready – the spookiest night of the year is coming up fast! All Hallow’s Eve is the perfect excuse for one thing: throwing a scary good shindig at your apartment. Read the rest of this entry »
While many U.S. cities go all out with haunted houses and spooky Halloween events for the entire month of October, some really take Halloween celebrations to the next level. Here are the 10 best Halloween celebrations in the country this year, according to FodorsTravel. Read the rest of this entry »
While there are a myriad of ways to get spooked for Halloween in your town or city – including haunted houses, watching scary movies, and going on local ghost tours – there are some cities that are just creepier than others. If you really want to get your fright on this Halloween, you need to live in one of these five U.S. cities:
Top U.S. Halloween Cities
1. Salem, Mass.: Thanks to the city’s history of witch hunts, Salem has become the creepiest – and most fun – place to celebrate Halloween. More than 250,000 attend the city’s Haunted Happenings, which includes a Grand Parade, haunted house tours, ghost tours and costume balls. Plus, there are nearly 20 costumes parties, witch trail re-enactments, witch museums and magic shops.
Happy Halloween. Most Americans love everything about Halloween – not just dressing up and trick-or-treating the day of—but also visiting haunted houses and attending parties and other Halloween events during the entire month of October. Lucky for them, apartment residents in certain cities have much more to enjoy about this spooky holiday than others.
Here are our top picks for Best Cities for Halloween:
- Salem, Mass.: No place in the country – or the world, for that matter – celebrates Halloween like this Northeast U.S. city. Known as the site of the Salem witch trials in the late 1600s, Salem celebrates its creepy history with events throughout October. Events include the Haunted Footsteps Ghost Tour, the 1692 Salem Witchcraft Walk, Haunted Harbor Cruise, and a Haunted Movie Series at the Salem Common Historic District. Plus, authentic séances are held, along with the annual Psychic Fair and Witchcraft Expo.
- New Orleans, La.: Already a spooky place to live because of its haunted homes, historic graveyards and voodoo history, New Orleans really comes alive at Halloween. Apartment residents who live in this Southern city are fortunate to be scared silly at the House of Shock, which was voted the number one haunted attraction in the U.S. The House of Shock is set up as a country fair devoted to gore, with a live pyrotechnic stage show, a walk through the haunted house, a zombie graveyard and Satanic Church.
- San Francisco, Calif.: This illustrious city by the Bay has been deemed the “best city in the U.S. for trick-or-treating”, according to Zillow’s annual ranking. San Francisco earns this distinction, because it “will provide the most candy, in the least amount of time, with the fewest safety risks,” according to Zillow. Parents who live in San Francisco are fortunate to have a great place to take their kids out on Halloween night.
- Hershey, Penn.: Speaking of trick-or-treating, Hershey is one of the sweetest places to live for fresh, local chocolate and other Halloween treats. It is the home, of course of The Hershey Co. and nearby is the chocolate division of Mars and Just Born, the manufacturer of Peeps. Plus, Pennsylvania provides more pumpkins than other state – millions are harvested from 6,500 acres.
- Pontiac, Mich.: This Midwestern city is home to the Erebus Haunted Attraction, a four-story, plot-driven haunted house that previously held the Guinness World Record for largest haunted house. Residents of Pontiac and nearby cities say it is the scariest haunted house they have ever visited.
If you love to celebrate Halloween – with all of its terrors, tricks, and treats – you need to live near a city that embraces the spirit of everything that is great about this holiday. You can find a great apartment that is near your Halloween houses, events and festivals, as well as near safe neighborhoods for trick-or-treating. Let ApartmentSearch.com help you find your next home. We quickly narrow down your search for the perfect place to live by amenities, price, location, and other factors. Plus, when you tell your new apartment community that you found your apartment on ApartmentSearch.com, you can earn up to $200 in rewards. Finding you next apartment is not scary! You just need to use ApartmentSearch.